Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Today,
I finally got my things back from you
In my mailbox.
Even the gift my mother gave you.

I think that's interesting.

But more interesting was the way I felt.
My breath caught in my chest,

When I saw an all too familiar envelope
With your hand-writing on it.

But when I opened it and pulled out
What should have
Hurt me...

It didn't.

I slipped my ring on my finger...

I put the widow's mite
In my pocket
And sighed.

I didn't miss you.
I wasn't sad.
Not even a little.
I felt wrong for not feeling sad...

I tried to be sad...

I even walked outside and sat down for a moment
To conjure up something sentimental

But there was nothing.

No...

I think I'm

I think I'm...

I think I'm

Finally...
Out of love with you.

I still feel sick
When I see you-

But I think that's just the habitual
Anxiety I build up in my own stomach
In preparation for the times
I know I have to see you.

Other than that...
I don't feel want.
I have no want for you.

None.
It's all gone...

I think after the mean-ness,
And much analysis of the mean-ness...
It was clear to me,
That you weren't going to discuss anything with me
You weren't going to give me closure.

I started working on closure for myself awhile back,
And I'm not saying I fully have it...

But I am saying I must be close...

I don't know what changed
Or when it
Changed...

But somewhere in between seeing
Her get into your car
On Sunday
And today when I opened my mailbox

I stopped loving you.

I'm not in love with you.

I don't even care for you that much.
You're like a stranger to me...

In the still quiet moments,
I am even already starting to forget what your face looks like...
It's just a figure...
With no features...
You're like a vacant hole.

You've been a stranger for far longer
Than our time apart...
And perhaps I never really knew you.
I don't think I did.

I don't love you.

Not an "I don't think..."
I redact that...
It's an absolute.

Thomas Howard...I do not love you anymore.
Not even a little bit. No feelings...there are no feelings.
None. Not bad ones, not good ones...there is nothing.
I feel nothing towards you.

And in response to my own question...

"Do you think we could ever be together again?"

The answer is no.





I never want to be with you again
(Never-mind your feelings about me)...


I don't want you anymore.

I don't love you anymore.


Your character bled through
And because of that...

I wonder if I ever really
Had the opportunity to love you at all.

Maybe,
Maybe not.


You've always been too much of a coward
To tell me
That you don't love me anymore.


Well...

I don't have any reservations in telling you-


I don't love you either.
I don't love you.
I don't love you
I don't love you.

I absolutely DO NOT love you.


And I never will again.

It's evident that you stink at forever promises...
So when you said you'd never want me again, I shook it off in disbelief...


But don't worry...
I promise you,
Thomas...

I'll be the one to make sure

We spend it apart.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny how falling out of love just happens?
    I think it is.
    I think its funny how the whole time we were in love, we did everything to fall out of love, but it never seemed to work to us; or at least it never FELT like it worked.
    And, I think it's funny
    how when we fall out of love, the day we wake up and realize it, we think for a moment and wonder how easy it seemed to be not being in love anymore...too easy. Even though when we were in love it was the most difficult thing to do.
    I look back at a past love, and remember the torture I put myself through with him.
    He left me without closure, and it took me over a year to learn how to close that fairytale myself.
    But today, I look back at the time I realized I was finally out of love-and how easy it seemed to be...
    It was like I bounced back up and was happy again.

    But..if it were only really easy.

    I can't wait for my own "NOT IN LOVE WITH YOUR THOMAS HOWARD REALIZATION" day.(reaplce THOMAS HOWARD w/JOHNATHAN JOSHUA of course)

    I feel it's around the corner.
    And I'm looking so forward to it.

    ReplyDelete