Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sunday at the anchor, I talked to the holy spirit for most of the sermon. I don't know who you're supposed to pray to...I've heard there are "rules" or something...but I suppose since they are all in one, and he's the guy that hangs out in my heart...I'd get to know him a little bit better and treat him like the person that he is.
So, I invited him to come paint with me in the garden, and I asked him if he could start being so big inside of me that I could go to sleep for awhile while he does his work. I really just want to rest in him. Honestly, if he could just take over my life for awhile, it'd be sweet. "Steer" I wrote in my journal. I talked to him a ton about peace and how I need it, and I asked him to be my armor...be my everything until I can put my feet back on the ground again. I said, "I'm way past listening to you...will you just live for me? I'm tired of screwing everything up with my stupid mouth." It was good. I left pretty refreshed.
So, we went and hung out in the garden for awhile. And I talked to him a lot about my heartache, and I told him that I really am not strong enough to deal with having endure the hurt that others are dishing out right now...(in silence or in speech or in physical action or in thought). All of a sudden this huge yellow butterfly came and fluttered my my face...it hesitated, and I breathed deep. The greek word for butterfly means "soul". I think that's pretty epic. So, I was hanging out with the holy spirit and this hip butterfly that I named Greco...and then all of these people started coming out the garden. I was surrounded with beautiful friends and the sun was shining and everything was vibrant and alive.

When you drove by...on your way to pick her up...
I noticed that all of my friends...
Were in a perfect circle.
You drove by behind all of them...
Bringing my eyes to the forefront
Instead of gazing past...
I realized everything I needed was right there.


I couldn't have been happier.

The holy spirit...
Is a fantastic friend.

The circle was
For me,
To fall asleep inside of.

No comments:

Post a Comment