Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I wonder where we lost the ability
To be
Honest with each other.
Somewhere-
In
Between the back-biting comments;
The thick woven lies...
There had to be a
Medium
That we could just never find.

What I really meant to say,
When I verbally assaulted you in the parking lot-
Was that I love you.

What I really meant to say...
When everyone was talking about
How you took C. out on a date for your birthday-

Was that...
I wish you hadn't.
I wish you'd taken me out for your birthday...

In my seat.


I drowned in ill comprehension
Of how you could
Move on
So fast.

I missed your birthday last year...
The day before we got together.

I saw you guys leave together
On our one year anniversary...

I was painting in the garden.

Man,
You drive off fast.

But my heart didn't sink.
I expected all of this.
I expected that we couldn't just break it off easily...
We'd have to burn it down.


You're fire
And I'm earth.

That's just the way it goes...

That's just the way it goes...


So, burn me up.

I'll lay underneath you;

I'll crunch under your feet just to feel them.

What I meant to say,


Was not what was said.



We're lost in translation...
And I suppose you don't care about clarification.
Because I can go on suffering,
While you hold the truth in your hands...

You've got me on a
String


Always waiting for any answer
That makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment