Saturday, October 29, 2011

Little House

The warm floor expands beneath my
Soft bare feet;
It's glossed and vibrating the acoustics
Dancing off of Levi's guitar.

The berry coats my lips
And shimmers beneath the warm glow
Of a soft lamp.

The room is dim,
The candles dance as his voice fluctuates from
Low to high
To high
To low again;

The flame extends upward
Then condenses and expands outward.
He sings my heart...

Of heartbreaks
On long bus rides
In Europe-
Of ticking clocks
And love doesn't run out
Before logic.

But I don't pool backward into
Any memory of you
Because I do not allow myself to.

The frost kisses the window panes-
The smoke pipes outward
And dances across the silver
And navy quilts of October-

I am surrounded by warmth.

I feel a hand
Graze the freckles on
The top of my back.

And I'm home...
In this little house.

No comments:

Post a Comment